Peter Brockmann, B.E.Sc., M.B.A., P.Eng.
President, Brockmann & Company
Brockmann and Company is a consulting and advisory firm serving high tech equipment & application vendors and service providers. Clients accelerate growth through customer research & thought leadership. Our motto: "In God we trust, all others bring data." Learn more at http://www.brockmann.com.
- President, Brockmann & Company February 2007 - present
Blogger and market researcher on collaboration technologies and the user experience. Write about email, communications services and VoIP.
- Senior Vice President, Sales and Business Development, FirstHand Technologies August 2006 - August 2007
Worked with leadership team to secure C round of financing, change name of company and restructure sales and marketing to align with the business plan and goals.
- Vice President, Enterprise Voice Marketing / Product Marketing, 3Com (COMS) June 2004 - July 2005
Responsible for introducing the SIP-based VCX product line and managing a team of 35 global product marketers.
- Vice President, Marketing, Nortel (NT) January 1990 - April 2001
Product marketing, business development, sales training, emcee at user group meetings, competitive tactics, enterprise marketing, industry marketing
- M.B.A., McMaster University September 1987 - December 1989
Marketing & Business Strategy specialization, leader of the MBA CoOp class.
- B.E.Sc. (Materials), University of Western Ontario September 1979 - June 1983
Fracture, wear, corrosion, manufacturing processes, statistics, properties and testing of materials.
- My blog Visit
Internet, VoIP, high definition, user experience, convenience, economic measures, email.
Little Known Fact About Me
I have a degree in piano performance and lead a Catholic rock band of teens that sing and play every Sunday.